Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
(I may have done this already, but what the hell.)
1. I’m very distrustful of any guy dating a woman I care about, whether the female in question be a friend or relative. I just assume the guy is not good enough for her.
2. I’m usually right about the above.
3. I talk to myself a lot while programming. But, I find most programmers do from my experience.
4. It’s not that I don’t like people, I just prefer being by myself.
5. I am often disappointed at how easy I find it to watch TV instead of doing something constructive.
6. Finding out that someone doesn’t like dogs does lower my opinion of them.
Hat Tip: The Anchoress
Book memory meme:
1. Do you associate reading particular books with the places you read them or events of the time you read them?
Not usually. Unless there’s some special reason to make an association, I don’t remember where or when I read books that often. I can remember vaguely when I read books, but not specifics.
2. Do you remember the books you read or do they fade quickly? Or do you remember some better than others? How about remember details like character names, not just overall plot?
Fade fairly quickly. I’ve read all the Harry Potter books, for example, but can’t remember much beyond the main plot points of them. More challenging books often stick in my mind better since I have to put more effort into reading them.
3. Have you ever forgotten you’ve read/own a book and borrowed/bought it again?
Only rarely. Usually because it was a book I didn’t enjoy and therefore blocked from my memory. For example, my mother gave me a brain teaser book for Christmas that sounded familiar when I looked at it and upon looking through some of the puzzles, I remembered having read it as a kid, except in two separate volumes. So, I tend to remember what I’ve read.
Hat Tip: The Curt Jester
I don’t bother tagging anyone. You’re big enough to decide if you want to do a meme yourself.