1) So, Locke was “desired” by the island/its inhabitants almost from birth and kept screwing up their plans. First, by choosing the knife. Then by refusing his chance to go to a science camp. (Note: I did once attend a science camp, but was not taken to a remote bizarre island. Well, I was taken to DC.)
2) As I understood it, Abbadon (sp?) was working with the freighter. Alpert wanted Locke for the island’s sake, while it seems that Abbadon is working with Widmore. With Jacob being “unavailable,” Christian giving the orders and Locke ending up on the island at Abbadon’s behest now, does that mean Locke is actually (albeit inadvertently) aiding Widmore and not the island? Wouldn’t be the first time Locke screwed the pooch.
3) What’s up with Claire? She was positively loopy. I’ve seen some speculation that she’s dead, and this being Lost, you can’t discount that.
4) If there isn’t a Lost drinking game, I’d suggest the following rules:
a) Drink every time Locke says “Don’t tell me what I can’t do.”
b) Drink every time Kate uses that same concerned look
c) Drink every time Sawyer calls someone by a nickname
d) Drain it every time there’s an opportunity to share information but they don’t (That will cause alcohol poisoning)
5) I do say “Don’t tell me what I can’t do” along with Locke every time he says it. I don’t know why.
6) Kind of cool when they revealed young Locke as having drawn the smoke monster. How deep does this connection with the island go?
7) You almost had to feel bad for Ben as he knew he was no longer the “chosen one.” But from the flash-forwards, we know he seemingly ends up back in charge. Does this mean bad news for Locke? Could he die saving the island? Could he decide he needs Ben’s deviousness/dark side to save the island?
Man, I love this show, but I can’t help but feel I’m getting set up for a colossal disappointment when we’re finally told what’s going on…