Duffy tagged me with this a while back, but I’m still catching up from my vacation.
1. When were you happiest?
Probably when the Reds got Ken Griffey, Jr. (As a friend said, “Paul, you’re glowing.”)
2. What is your greatest fear?
Getting what I deserve
3. What is your earliest memory?
Hard to say for sure, but either cracking my skull on the fireplace or falling asleep on the roof of my house
4. Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Despite disagreeing with many of his positions, it’s hard not to admire John McCain for what he went through for this nation and his devotion to what he believes to be right, even when he’s wrong.
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I can be unintentionally and unknowingly harsh or cruel.
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lack of respect for those who they disagree with
7. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Not sure. Probably blocked it out from my memory.
8. Aside from a property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
A car, or depending on if it counts, renovations to my house.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
My Blue Rocks cap that fits
10. What makes you depressed?
Not too much
11. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My head’s so big that most baseball caps don’t fit me (Hence answer #9)
12. What is your most unappealing habit?
So many to choose from…
13. What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
I don’t like to dress up
14. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Books I’ll probably never read but want anyway
15. What do you owe your parents?
My values and a lot of household goods I’ve “borrowed” over the years
16. To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
People I’ve offended over the years either due to immaturity, hotheadness or being unaware that I had offended them
17. What does love feel like?
18. What or who is the love of your life?
19. What is your favourite smell?
The mix of smells you get from being in the woods (as long as no animals have left droppings recently)
20. Have you ever said ‘I love you’ and not meant it?
I made myself a promise as a child that I would never do it and I’ve kept that.
21. Which living person do you most despise, and why?
Bod Selig was the first person who came to mind. He’s destroying the beauty of baseball in favor of short-term revenue
22. What is the worst job you’ve done?
It was a programming job where the environment was so screwed up it would take a while to explain.
23. What has been your biggest disappointment?
Stealing Duffy’s answer: lack of personal improvement
24. If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Would have been more social and outgoing when in high school and college
25. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
the 50s seem like a good time
26. How do you relax?
Reading, watching TV. Shutting my brain off.
27. How often do you have sex?
I’m a serious single Catholic, so you can do the math.
28. What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Apparently as a baby there was a black widow spider in my crib one time.
29. What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A shorter commute
30. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I don’t know if it’s big but I’ve always been proud of some enhancements I made to a program I used to support that more than doubled its processing speed while reducing its CPU usage.
31. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Calm down. Don’t take things so seriously.
32. Tell us a secret.
I like Saved by the Bell.