- It’s not worth getting upset about
- No matter how stupid or useless a person seems, there’s something he’s (or she’s) better at than you are, and you should respect them in that area (no matter how little you respect them in other areas)
- It’s less frustrating to assume that people are basically well-intentioned, rather than assuming selfishness, laziness, corruption or carnality in their motives.
- Most political disagreements aren’t over logic or conclusions, but exist at a much more fundamental level with underlying premises
- Whatever can go wrong for a Philadelphia sports team, will