- GEICO Caveman Commercials. They were funny once. Once, Johnny.
- People who still believe Obama is a new type of politician
- Those commercials with the scientist who’s not an albino but almost is
- Tim McCarver
- Media bias
- My commute to Dover
- Catholics who think voting for a pro-abortion candidate is acceptable
- Debate over abortion
- The way that every time I read “Evan Longoria”, I think of Eva. (Not that thinking of Eva Longoria’s a bad thing, but it’s off-topic.)
The Synod of Bishops on the Bible heard an unusual suggestion Tuesday morning when a Hong Kong observer asked Pope Benedict to start up his own daily blog on Scripture.
Agnes Kam Leng Lam, president of the Catholic Biblical Association of Hong Kong, said people need to experience Scripture in small but significant doses.
Jeff at The Curt Jester comments:
Now Pontifications is already take up by a couple of bloggers so what would be the name of the Pope’s blog?
* On This Rock
* Papal Bull
* Pontifix Blogimus
* Straight Dope from the Pope
* Peter #266
* Supreme Blogger of the Universal Church
* It’s good to be the Pope!
* Mass Communication
* or of course “German Shephard”
* but it will certainly not be “Red Shoe Diary”
Denzingers would have to start compiling official papal blog posts.
Now what type of syndication would the blog use? RSS 2.0 or ATOM and Eve?
What Content Management System (CMS) would he use. Now Movable Type could be appropriate since the first thing printed on a movable type press was the Bible. Though a scripture blog might use WordPress or WordOfGodPress.
And I love this picture he posted:
“You want to get that one big hit where you feel like you’re part of the team. Not that I don’t feel like I’m part of the team, by no means, but when you get that nice celebration coming into the dugout and you’re getting your ass hammered by guys, it’s no better feeling than to have that done.”
–Matt Stairs after hitting a monster home run to put the Phillies ahead in the game last night (Source)
UPDATE: We have video!
As they say over at the Sporting News blog where the above video came from, Phillies fans need “Ass Hammer” t-shirts.
I’d proudly wear one.