A former Marxist turned Catholic priest lets loose:
Many of my friends from my days as a Marxist-feminist-postmodernist ideologue have been asking me lately how I can resist supporting an Obama presidency.
My answer–much to their horror–has been simple: “Because I used to be a Marxist-feminist-postmodernist ideologue, and I understand the party-line of the movement:
— destroy the notion of objective truth with appeals to diversity, difference, and multi-cultism;
— eliminate the possibility of rational discourse by elevating the affective above the rational;
— convert all public political discourse into emotive appeals to race, gender, class, and sexuality;
— define “freedom” as “freedom from constraint” and never as “freedom to do what is right;”
— attack all secular opposition as “oppressive, self-centered, and fearful;”
— attack all religious opposition as “superstitious, fundamentalist, and ignorant;”
— use “white liberal guilt” to attack economic growth and prosperity;
— feed over-educated narcissism with the prospect of ruling, finally, and ruling more than the meager resources of an English/women’s studies department at a state university.”
Why do I oppose Obama? Simple. His political positions are evil. This man believes that it is morally acceptable to kill children. He believes that it is morally permissible to attempt to kill a child in the womb, fail, and then leave the child to die once delivered alive. This man believes that all Americans should participate in his evil by being forced to pay for the genocide of abortion with federal tax dollars. That the overwhelming majority of children murdered in the womb are black seems not to concern him at all. He has promised to eliminate all democratically enacted laws against the murder of children by signed the so-called “Freedom of Choice Act” if elected. This will enshrine the Supreme Court’s 1973 decision, Roe v. Wade into federal law.
Hat Tip: The Curt Jester
Random House was nice enough to send me two copies each of two books by Bishop Fulton Sheen: Treasure in Clay, his autobiography and Life of Christ to use as giveaways on my blog. (It was apparently because I reviewed Life of Christ a while ago that they noticed me and sent them to me. And, after mentioning I had never read Treasure in Clay, they were kind enough to give me my own copy of that at no additional cost!)
I’m thinking I should do some sort of contest, but I’m not imaginative enough to come up with something exciting on my own. So, here’s my thought: the best contest idea will get a copy of each, and the two winners of said contest will get one book each.
This all assumes there’s any interest in this at all since the only reader I know for sure who actually would be interested in this is Ann(-e) and she’s all the way over there in Germany. And maybe my dad too, but he grew up during the era when Sheen was famous, and I don’t think he’s ever mentioned him, so he may not be interested. (Ann(-e), if you do win something, I’m just going to get the book to your parents and let them figure out shipping issues, since I’m sure they know how to do it better anyway. Or at least your mom would.)
If no one comes up with anything good, just let me know if you’re interested in them and I’ll get them to you somehow.
Links to Amazon.com pages for the books below:
I’ll be in a SharePoint 2007 training class the first part of the week and so will not be posting during the day. Comments will be set back to moderated because I seem to be under a massive spam attack the last few days.
I poked through my web reports to see what search terms were leading people to my site and found some interesting ones:
* 42% of search engine related hits this month came from the phrase “baptism immersion vs sprinkling”. There’s a lot better sources out there than me on that one.
* “Cats are evil” was 4th on the list. Because they are.
* Some others near the top: catholic pickup lines, von hayes, nerdy pickup lines, mets got rick rolled
* “excuse me stewardess i speak jive”
* “i just blue myself”
* “bishop fulton sheen’s writings predicting antichrist will come from catholic bishops” Huh? Although it wouldn’t suprise me that Satan would try to bring down the Church of Christ from the inside.
* “the german term meaning the politics of reality used during the late 1800 s to describe a tough calculated brand of politics in which idealism played no part” Again, huh? I”m assuming they mean realpolitik.
* “chris truby blood” That one made me smile, although I wonder what they were looking for.
* “james bovard democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” A quote Jeff the Baptist would no doubt love.
* “the supreme court ruled in plessy v. ferguson that underage women must notify their parents of an impending abortion.” I don’t know where to begin on this one.
* “three true outcomes adam dunn rob deer” I am a fan of the Three True Outcomes.
* “christine o donnell delaware sex” that one frightened me a little
* “child masturbation” ditto
* “cat shootin” A person after my own heart
* “chuck kruse” If whoever was searching for him knows him, tell him to drop me a line.
THis morning while cleaning up some spam comments I accidentally junked 19 non-spam comments. I think I restored 16 of them, but to find the remainder, I’d have to manually search through over 2000 junk comments and who’s to say I wouldn’t still miss them. So I apologize and I assure you I wasn’t trying to “censor” anybody. I just screwed up.