I’ll leave it up to Jeff the Baptist to let us know if this will help in the coming Zombie attacks.
The books you can as a package with it don’t seen like a bad idea if Obama’s tendency to restrict 2nd Amendment rights returns.
Hat Tip: InstaPundit
From the November 2008 issue of Smithsonian magazine:
Multitudes of bats die around the world each year when they migrate through electricity-generating wind farms. University of Calgary researches now say the main cause of death is “barotrauma”: the turbines’ large revolving blades create low-pressure zones that cause bat lungs to suddenly over-expand, tear and bleed.
How long until the environmentalists seek to tear down the wind farms?
(And yes, the headline is a Cliff Clavin reference. I’m working my way through Cheers on DVD.)
My Knights of Columbus council is holding a fundraising dance to benefit a fourth grader at Saint Ann’s School who was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma (a nasty form of cancer) this past summer. She and her sister are being raised by a single mother, so obviously help is needed.
The information on the event is pasted below. More information can be found at our website: http://www.kofc13821.org, and then click on the “Dance 11/22/2008” link. A flier is also available there, as well as a link to more information about Savannah’s situation. Thank you for any support you can give.
Date: Saturday, November 22nd, 2008
Time: Doors open at 6:30 pm
Music starts at 7:30 pm
Door Close at 11 pm
Where: St Ann's Social Hall (map)
Food, beer, wine and soda included in price
To Order Tickets:
Co-Chair: Mike Montgomery
Co-Chair: Dave Skillman
1. Where is your cell phone? Stairs.
2. Where is your significant other? None
3. Your hair? Short
4. Your mother? Short
5. Your father? Marine
7. What was your dream last night? None
8. Your dream/goal? Baseball
9. The room you’re in? Kitchen
10. Your hobby? Reading
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Breathing
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you’re not? Thin
15. Favorite person? Me
16. One of your wish list items? Sleep
17. Where you grew up? Delaware
18. The last thing you did? Eat
19. What are you wearing? Jeans
20. Your TV? Old
21. Your pet? None
22. Your computer? Laptop
24. Your mood? Eh
25. Missing someone? No
26. Your car? Old
27. Something you’re not wearing? Hat
28. Favorite store? Lowe’s
29. Your summer? Hot
30. Love someone? Me
31. Your favorite color? Blue
32. When is the last time you laughed? Morning
33. Last time you cried? Clinched
34. Who will repost this? Noone
35. One word to best describe yourself? Unusual
Hat Tip: Hube